What the Employment Service Offers
Employment support is available for people referred and receiving treatment from Sutton Uplift IAPT and who are:
- Out of work both short and long term unemployed who want to get into paid employment
- In work and need help and support to stay in employment
- In work and want support to find / get another job including a career change
Personalised support tailored to the individual’s needs:
- Advice and career guidance;
- Motivation, confidence building and assertiveness skills
- CV writing, job search and interviewing skills
- Disclosure of mental health within the work place
- Signposting to benefits and debt counselling
- Partnership working with Job Centre Plus (JCP) and other providers
- Job Club - peer support and partner agency working
Personalised support to retain employment include:
- Adjustments in the workplace
- Management of employment and employer-related issues
- Developing self-management strategies at work
- Support and strategies to return to work after sick leave
- Attendance at workplace Sickness Review and Mediation meetings
- Liaison with HR and Occupational health departments
- Help to look for more suitable jobs whilst still employed
- Supporting in signposting for legal matters within the workplace and supporting during the process.
Who is Eligible for the Employment Service?
You can be referred to employment support if you are having or expected to receive treatment within our IAPT service.